FAQ

Click on each heading to open up the comment below.

Why shouldn’t I just join a gym?

That’s a perfect idea … as long as you make sure you go regularly every week and follow all the necessary steps outside of that gym-time.  Remember, your 1 hour of that day’s exercise takes up less than 4 percent of your day and it’s what’s going on for you during the remaining 96 percent that will help to create your success, or failure.  I can help you to align your mind and body so you’re fully committed to change.

Why might I want coaching?

That’s not a question I can answer.  Coaching isn’t a ‘need’, the want has to come from within you.

What I can tell you though is that once we’ve explored your personal issues around confidence or self esteem and how they affect your life and your goals, by the end of that conversation you’ll know whether you want the journey to continue. Contact me and let’s see where we can take you.

What’s the difference between coaching and therapy?

Both deal with what’s going on in your brain, however, they are each approaching a similar subject from totally different perspectives, since they have each grown out from separate places, psychotherapy and sports.

Therapy seeks to provide a release from past hurts and upsets, whereas coaching seeks to build upon your successes to enable you to live the life you want.  Call me and I’ll explain further, because experiencing beats explaining every time.

Will it work or have I left it too late to try?

The fact you’re asking the question means the answer is, “No. You’ve not left it too late.”

What’s probably going on for you is that you just doubt it’ll work for you.

But you must want something in your life to be different otherwise why else would you be visiting my website?

Call me – experiencing beats explaining every time.

Do you use hypnosis or hypnotherapy in coaching?

That’s a really good question.  Hypnosis (and NLP) are simply ways to allow our words to take on a powerful significance in our minds and so, yes, there is an overlap, and since I’ve used both to help hundreds of clients, they are useful tools in my toolbox.

However, coaching is not hypnotherapy so there’s no reading of scripts, relaxing background music or swinging pocket watches (unless you really want me to bring one along!)    Call me, because experiencing beats explaining every time.

Will my medical insurance cover this?

Perhaps, since it depends upon your specific individual or corporate medical insurance.

It’s worth considering, however, whether having a note on your medical records as having received treatment for a ‘mental health issue’ will have an impact upon any career steps you wish to take.

This is one reason why the vast majority of my clients self-pay.

Can my doctor or GP refer me to you?

Yes, but it’s highly unlikely you’ll receive funding from them. I’ve had clients referred this way and also doctors and nurses as clients.

What if I’m unemployed or on a low income?

I’ve been there myself so I know how it feels. Contact me. Tell me why you want to work with me and let’s see what we can do.

How long does the coaching take?

Coaching is a process. Just like going to the gym, it’s not something to ‘do’ for a session and then stop. The shortest time I will work with a client is over six appointments, broadly covering 1-3 months.

With many clients we have developed out from our initial issues tackled and worked on new challenges so there is no maximum time to work together.

Do you only help with self-confidence?

I’ve helped clients overcome many challenges they felt were impossible to deal with, however, past experience has shown that issues around self-confidence were present in very many instances.

This is why I developed my self-confidence programme.

If there’s something else you wish to overcome contact me and if I cannot help I’d be pleased to provide you with details of other coaches who might be able to assist you.

Do you provide a guarantee or offer a refund if it doesn’t work for me?

No one approach can ever guarantee to be 100% effective and sometimes, for whatever reason, a client’s desire to change comes up against some unexpected personal issues which means the result you desired is not achieved.

As my client your own will power is required for the process to work and so no, I do not give refunds as I have provided you with a service to the best of my abilities based upon your personal situation.

Please contact me if you wish to ask any questions about your own particular concerns or issues.

Can I bring someone along with me?

You can if you wish, but you probably wouldn’t want them to hear everything we discuss since I need you to bring your real self to the meeting and not your ‘party face’.

Call me and let’s discuss why you might feel you need to bring that other someone with you.

How can I discover more?

You’ve probably guessed my answer.

It’s “Call me.”

Experiencing really does beats explaining, every time.